Armbian with Linux 5.18.19 Kernel

mmie4jbcu

Armbian_22.11.1_Station-m2_bullseye_current_5.19.17.img

HDMI output/Ethernet/USB2&3 are working.

Actually don't try to patch the DTB of original firmware for kernel 4.19. It required major changes in the device tree and it won't work properly as the devices flag "compatible" in original firmware (used for loading the device driver's module) are changed from 4.x to 5.x.

Thanks. Yeah, tried with 5.19.17 (and also edge builds with 6.0.11 and 6.1-rc kernels) and the system is booting up fine.
HDMI and USB2/3 ports are working.

However, I am facing a weird issue with ethernet. The ethernet seems to come up and then continuously shuttles between connected and disconnected states. (I am running a X88 pro 20 box).

I have attached the dmesg logs. Any pointers/thoughts?

Attachments

• dmesg-eth-connects-disconnects.txt
    51.4 KB · Views: 10

hacker_lc

Tested adding the following to DTS file:
&pmu_io_domains {
status = "okay";
pmuio2-supply = <&vcc_3v3>;
vccio1-supply = <&vcc_3v3>;
vccio3-supply = <&vcc_3v3>;
vccio4-supply = <&vcca_1v8>;
vccio5-supply = <&vcc_3v3>;
vccio6-supply = <&vcca_1v8>;
vccio7-supply = <&vcc_3v3>;
};
However, the usb flash driver is still overheating. But this issue can be solved by using a USB hub.

thc013

lol it is not a hacking a arduino

hacker_ic is just messing around and has no clue .

just look at the dmesg mmie4jcu sent line 582 that you get when you think you just can convert from 4.19 decompiled dtb to mainline without having a clue

@tmm1 your on the right track ! Need to be modified according to the actual hardware ! ,but that is for the whole dts ;)

dtb > bad decompiled dts > make proper dts and use a dts from the device tree wich the original dtb use as starting point ( just follow phandles and some hex to decimal ) > and after that you can convert it to 5.10 and mainline

dont think you can go from step 1 to end result

hint there is none ,rk817 and rk809 for io-domains and if you do it wrong things will get very hot
and rk3568-pinctrl.dtsi and rk3568.dtsi etc are also part of your decompiled dtb for reversing :)

jnour

Thanks. Yeah, tried with 5.19.17 (and also edge builds with 6.0.11 and 6.1-rc kernels) and the system is booting up fine.

However, I am facing a weird issue with ethernet. The ethernet seems to come up and then continuously shuttles between connected and disconnected states. (I am running a X88 pro 20 box).

Hello,
I have the BOX TV 96 X6 with chipset RK3566 ,
I installed the version Armbian22_11.1_Station_m2_bulleye_current_5.19.19_xfce_desktop
but I didn't have HDMI video ?
What is the problem ? bad dtb ?

mmie4jbcu

Hello,
I have the BOX TV 96 X6 with chipset RK3566 ,
I installed the version Armbian22_11.1_Station_m2_bulleye_current_5.19.19_xfce_desktop
but I didn't have HDMI video ?
What is the problem ? bad dtb ?
Most probably it is due to dtb. Can you check if the dtb being pointed to in the extlinux.conf is rk3566-firefly-roc-pc.dtb? If yes,then you need to change it. It is not the right dtb.

I have attached the dtb I use. You can check if it works for you. This is built from the rk3566-box-demo dts in mainline with some minor changes.

Attachments

• rk3566-box-demo.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 15

jnour

Hello,

thanks for your help , I tried with this rk3566-firefly-roc-pc.dtb

no monitor in boot ,

also with this file rk3566-box-demo dts in update the conf ->extlinux.conf for the boot with this new file
I don't have the monitor in boot ...
I not understand this problem ???
Did you have another idea ? thanks for you support

mmie4jbcu

Hello,

thanks for your help , I tried with this rk3566-firefly-roc-pc.dtb

no monitor in boot ,

also with this file rk3566-box-demo dts in update the conf ->extlinux.conf for the boot with this new file
I don't have the monitor in boot ...
I not understand this problem ???
Did you have another idea ? thanks for you support
I assume you used the box-demo dtb file, not the dts file. Is that so? Can you paste the extlinux.conf file that you have?

mmie4jbcu

Can you try with an image from under Rolling Weekly Releases section in the Armbian page for Station M2? Essentially, I want to see of changing the kernel to 6.x series helps. If it doesn't work here, then unfortunately I may not be able to help. It could be that the dts needs to be modified to support your board, and unfortunately I don't have the expertise for that.

If you know how to attach a serial cable then you can capture the logs during boot and may be ask for help in the Armbian forums or here.

xiaobao80

Armbian_22.11.1_Station-m2_bullseye_current_5.19.17.img 替换了rk3566-t95plus.dtb; RTL8211F以太网不工作

Last edited:

xiaobao80

rk3566-t95plus.dtb 能启动 LibreELEC-ARMv8.aarch64-12.0-devel-20230727094257-e014594-rk3566.img Armbian_22.05.3_Station-m2_bullseye_edge_5.18.0.img 无以太网 WiFi lan 蓝牙 RTL8211F LG642

BliteKnight

Did you ever solve this issue?

mmie4jbcu

Did you ever solve this issue?
Yes. The current dtb in the mainline (rk3566-box-demo.dtb) kernel works out-of-the-box. Everything works:
- Wifi
- Bluetooth
- Ethernet
- HDMI
- USB 2/3

Only video acceleration is a slight pain point. Gpu acceleration works though (this is different from video acceleration). I can even run Gnome DE at 4k resolution (though it will feel a bit sluggish)